Greetings in the name of Christ!
Below please find the details of the plan moving forward as to how we will be implementing “Virtual Days” for instruction for the foreseeable future here at ML.
This plan is the result of a great deal of hard work, thinking, feedback, and questions from many sources. We like the plan at which have arrived and feel as though it is most aligned with the needs of our students and the preparation and experience levels of our staff. And, we recognize that no plan is perfect and there will never be total agreement. So, from the start I want to say a big and sincere THANK YOU!
- Building access:
- The ML office and building will be accessible for students to get study materials the rest of this week, 3-19 and 20.
- On Monday, 3-23 the office and building will be open from 9am-2pm. Students will have access to their lockers, etc. according to student’s last name below:
- A-E: 9am-10am
- F-J: 10am-11am
- K-O: 11am-12pm
- P-T: 12pm-1pm
- U-Z: 1pm-2pm
Students are to follow this schedule for the times during which they can come to campus and acquire their study materials.
- If you have availability needs that would require access outside of any of these windows of time, please contact the main office and we will seek to accommodate you.
- Technology Access:
- If your student(s) need(s) computer access, please contact Miss Knox at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements (Please see the link below)
- Those that have communicated already should be receiving responses with a computer access plan toward the end of this week.
- Please note that computer access will be given at school according to government protocols sensitive to group size, social distancing, etc.
- Individual laptops will not be released to students to take home at this time.
The Ongoing Weekly Schedule:
- The “Virtual Day” expectations for this time are very similar to those employed over the last several years when we have had other “Virtual Days”.
- The primary difference here being, the need for us to conduct these on multiple, consecutive days has required us to divide content areas into multiple groups.
- Classes being divided into groups should minimize excessive/unreasonable work and time loads for our students on a day-to-day basis.
- Monday’s are Resource/ enrichment opportunities across all departments at the direction of the teacher.
- AP classes will follow their own schedule to fit being able to finish prepping students for their exams.
- Due dates and lesson expectations for anything will be communicated in Schoology for students.
- As is the case for the regular school year, teachers will be updating grades weekly in Skyward.
- Teachers will be available to answer questions between the hours of 8:00am and 3:15pm
- Teachers are being asked to be able to respond to students within an hour or so of their electronic requests.
- Please have students use email or Schoology to contact teachers.
- As teachers will not be on campus, they will be unreachable by phone.
We recognize that there are many moving pieces here that will no doubt yield many more questions, etc. Thanks for your patience, professionalism, and positive perspective in this interesting time.
Lots of discussions, reviewing lots of plans, requiring lots of hours! Thanks to everyone involved in leading for our students and families! Please continue to pray for those involved in seeking to make all of this work.
At this point any generalized questions regarding the plan can be directed to me. As we continue, specific class and assignment questions can be directed to individual teachers.
A couple of things are for certain. First, we are all in this together figuring it out one step at a time. Secondly and primarily, Our Triune God Is The Almighty and Great I AM! In faith and by the power the Holy Spirit alive among us, we have been and will most certainly continue to be blessed! “He’s got us!”
Dr. Wayne Jensen, Principal - email@example.com